Thursday, December 11, 2008

Artistic Spotlight: Lykke Li

So I was in my apt. with my boy Vesche and he's like, "Marty, you gotta check this Swedish chick...singer and whatnot...she performs on street corners with a band of three dudes and just goes in...true hustle shit." So i'm like, fuck it, and i give it a look.

Let's just say, she goes in.

Lykke Li is a 22-year-old Swedish indie singer (w/ huge pop potential). She released her first album, "Youth Novels" on LL Recordings in the nordic region of Sweden on February 4, 2008 and it received a wider European release in June, 2008; released in the US on May 6th; released in the Republic of Ireland on June 6, 2008 and released on June 9th in the UK.

Check her out, HERE.

Check out her video, "I'm Good, I'm Gone", HERE.

1 comment:

bee said...

holla at me for a cd lol; she's on the label i work for...